Jawaballs is finally accepting commission work!

If you got the moolah, but lack the time and want a beautiful army... Or if your time is simply money, and you would rather spend your hours doing something else with it... I understand... I'm your man! Let Jawaballs send you a breathtaking army, assembled and painted.

Sunday, March 28, 2010

New Commission finished! Black Templars Marshal in Terminator Armor


So a client purchased this model that was beautifully greenstuffed and one of a kind. Then he asked ME to paint it. It is a terminator model, with BT shoulder pad and green stuffed robes and sashes. He also had a GS shield and hammer with spikes and chains.

First thing I did was remove the chains. They were about his waste and dangling down one leg. They were cool except for the fact that they got in the damn way. Then I removed the head of the hammer. It was more of a mace, and looked inappropriate for a thunder hammer. I replaced it with a normal TH head. Finally, I pulled out the head. It was greenstuffed, and looked ok, but you could see that it was obviously flat on the back and had no ears. It looked silly. I replaced it with the bald head from a terminator box set.

So I primed black and went to work! TO make him stand out, I painted the shoulders red, and also the insides of the cloaks, ala, Sword Brethren from the codex. The rest was fairly simple. Robes, blakc highlighting, red crusader seals. I did my standard lightning effect and voila!

If you are looking for a commander painted for your army, I do them for about 100 bucks. I charged quite a bit more for this one because of the gentle touch needed for Greenstuff, the fact that it was already assembled, and the fact that I would be required to do a lot of modeling myself. I think he came out great and I know the buyer will be pleased!

Jawaballs

2 comments:

  1. Looks great, I really like the shield and the cape, but the hammer head would of been nice if it was the Fleet Master's hammer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Were can I commission from you?

    ReplyDelete